I ♥ ZA

I ♥ ZA
"If you give up New York I'll give you Tennessee...the only place to be." -Kings of Leon

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I'm just a girl who wants to see the world.

Friday 6 May 2011

Guardians of Being


In the weeks leading up to Andy leaving Tennessee for South Africa, I wracked my brain trying to think of a unique gift to give him right before he left.  I wanted to get him something special that would make him think of me, but that would also be a thoughtful present.  A couple of weeks before Andy's plane left, I stopped in Borders Book Store just to browse, not really thinking about the gift I needed to buy.  I went to the Spirituality section and stumbled upon this fantastic little book by one of my favorite authors, Eckhart Tolle.  I picked it up, sat down in the floor in front of the bookshelf in Borders, and read the entire book right there.  It's short, and it reads almost like a comic strip, but the message it has is extremely powerful.  I bought the book, and gave it to Andy when we were saying our goodbyes. 

I reread it last night, and it had the same powerful affect on me the second time.  It reminds us that we have a very important lesson to learn from animals and from nature.  If we stop and pay attention, and let our minds be still, we know that we are all connected by the presence of our creator in each of us.  We are all one, and we should all love one another as one.  That is the only way!

Here is a nice quote from the book, but I suggest buying it and reading it!  Every person needs to be reminded of this!
"You are not separate from the whole.  You are one with the sun, the earth, the air.  You don't have a life. You ARE life... We are ultimately not separate, not from one another nor from any living thing- the flower, the tree, the cat, the dog.  You can sense yourself in them, the essence of who you are...Love the Creator in the creature." 

Well put.  

No comments:

Post a Comment